“Wherever else, apart from Jakarta?”
This was the reply I’d often get each time I stated I used to be going to the Indonesian capital. “No, simply Jakarta,” was my reply. And it took them a second to comprehend that they heard my response proper.
Jakarta feels unusually acquainted. There’s a lot about it that jogs my memory of Metro Manila, my dwelling metropolis. Each are capital cities of growing Southeast Asian nations. Each are among the many largest city hubs on this planet, serving as a house and/or office for tens of thousands and thousands of individuals. And for a lot of worldwide vacationers, each are seen principally as a jump-off level to a different vacation spot, a mandatory means to a extra spectacular finish. In Jakarta’s case, this spectacular finish may be the seashores of Bali, the temples of Yogyakarta, or the picturesque volcanoes in different elements of Java.
However like Manila, Jakarta can maintain its personal. It will not be as Instagram-worthy, however it does have an extended historical past and wealthy tradition, making it an amazing cease for Indonesia first timers. From the quite a few museums to the luxurious avenue meals, town gives you a style of what the world’s biggest archipelago has to supply.
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
Jakarta is the capital of and the most important metropolis in Indonesia. Positioned within the island of Java, town serves because the financial, political, and cultural heart of the nation. Jakarta is sprawling. Over time, because it continues to attract in additional folks, it additionally paves means for the event of neighboring areas.
At present, Jakarta may discuss with the Higher Jakarta space or the Jakarta metropolitan space, which can be referred to as domestically as Jabodetabek, brief for Jakarta–Bogor–Depok–Tangerang–Bekasi, referring to the close by cities in West Java and Banten. And with an estimated inhabitants of 35 million, it’s the second largest city hub on this planet, subsequent solely to Tokyo.
The historical past of Jakarta dates again to the 4th century CE, making it one of many oldest inhabited cities in Southeast Asia. It has been recognized by a number of names. Underneath the Sunda Kingdom, it was generally known as Sunda Kelapa, an necessary buying and selling port on the time. In 1619, the Dutch took management and based Batavia which grew to become the capital of the Dutch East Indies. Then in 1942, Batavia fell to the Japanese and was below the Japanese occupation till 1945. It was 1949 when the Indonesian independence was proclaimed and Jakarta grew to become the nationwide capital.
ESSENTIAL TRAVEL INFORMATION
- Language: Indonesian or Bahasa Indonesia. However most can perceive and converse English.
- Faith: Islam is the dominant faith. A small a part of the inhabitants follow Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Confucianism.
- Timezone: UTC+7 (Indonesia Western Time). Jakarta is one hour behind Manila, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
- Foreign money: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR, Rp). USD 1 is round IDR 15,700; EUR 1 = IDR 16,200; PHP 1 = IDR 273 (as of December 2022).
- Modes of Cost: Money. Some institutions like eating places additionally settle for bank cards, however most nonetheless choose money. Nevertheless, there are some locations that solely take card funds.
As of our most up-to-date go to (November 2022), these are the necessities required for vacationers going to Jakarta as mandated by the federal government. These have to be offered while you check-in to your flight.
- Passport. Should be legitimate for at the very least 6 months.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates. Solely absolutely vaccinated people are allowed to enter Jakarta. Your vaccination certificates should point out 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine.
- PeduliLindungi App. Obtain the app by google playstore or app retailer and register.
- E-customs Declaration Type. Fill out the shape right here. Print or save a digital copy of the generated QR Code.
Relying in your nation of citizenship, a visa may be required. (Filipino residents could enter Indonesia VISA-FREE.)
Jakarta is big. Overlaying 664.01 sq. kilometers, Jakarta is split it into its 5 administrative cities: Central Jakarta, West Jakarta, East Jakarta, North Jakarta, and South Jakarta. Simple to recollect, proper? However these three areas have the important thing factors of curiosity for vacationers:
- Central Jakarta is dwelling to main landmarks just like the Nationwide Monument and Istiqlal Mosque. Additionally located right here is Gambir Station, a serious railway station that connects the capital to different cities in Java Island. You’ll additionally discover Grand Indonesia, one of many largest malls within the nation, across the nook. A big focus of the lodging in Central Jakarta may be present in Menteng.
- North Jakarta covers the harbor space, the historic port of Sunda Kelapa, and Ancol, a waterfront advanced with a theme park, water park, and different varied points of interest.
- West Jakarta, the closest to the airport, roughly half-hour away. Inside its territory lie elements of Kota Tua, Jakarta’s Outdated City. Glodok, Jakarta’s Chinatown, the place you will discover loads of meals spots, can be right here. Various several types of lodging are unfold over West Jakarta.
- South Jakarta, which harbors the Sudirman Central Enterprise District (SCBD), with loads of workplace buildings, condominiums, motels, and procuring malls. If you happen to’re focused on experiencing the nightlife in Jakarta, that is the place to be. The lodging on this space varies from high-end motels to finances hostels so there are so much to select from.
- East Jakarta. That is the most important among the many 5 administrative cities of Jakarta. Nevertheless, there’s not loads of lodging accessible right here. It is usually the world farthest from the airport.
Greatest Space to Keep
In our opinion, one of the best space to remain is the half the place Central Jakarta, West Jakarta, and North Jakarta meet. Staying right here places you ready near the important thing points of interest and with loads of eating and lodging choices.
This space consists of these neighborhoods:
- Glodok (Chinatown) in West Jakarta
- Menteng in Central Jakarta
- Kota Tua in North/West Jakarta
Any of locations above are nice for first-time Jakarta guests. Nevertheless, if you happen to’re the kind of traveler who likes to spend their nights going out or partying, South Jakarta could be an amazing choice too. Simply remember that this space is a bit farther from different elements of town, particularly if you happen to plan to go to points of interest in North Jakarta.
High Funds Accommodations and Hostels in Jakarta
I booked a dorm mattress at The Packer Lodge close to Kota Tua for under PHP 450 per night time. Yep, that’s solely USD 8 or 124,000 IDR. However by random streak of fine luck, I used to be upgraded to a personal solo room for FREE! (Presumably as a result of they could have overbooked the dorm.)
However there are many different choices, too! Listed below are a few of the high reviewed however reasonably priced properties on Agoda:
The first airport that serves Jakarta is Soekarno-Hatta Worldwide Airport (CGK), previously referred to as Jakarta Cengkareng Airport. It’s positioned at Benda, Tangerang, near West Jakarta. It was expanded in 1991 to exchange Halim Perdanakusuma Worldwide Airport, which now providers principally home and personal flights—for worldwide flights. CGK is alleged to be the busiest airport in Southeast Asia and at present has 3 terminals with a fourth terminal being constructed.
Manila to Jakarta
As Indonesia’s capital, Jakarta is well-connected. If you happen to’re coming from Manila, Cebu Pacific flies on to Jakarta and vice versa DAILY. The flight departs from Manila at 8:40 PM and takes round 4 hours. That is excellent for busy bees who can’t afford to file one other go away of absence from work or college students who can’t miss a college day. This additionally means you arrive in Jakarta simply earlier than midnight, bypassing heavy site visitors to town heart.
On your return journey, Cebu Pacific’s Jakarta-Manila flights are scheduled at 12:30 AM, permitting you to benefit from your final day in Jakarta! Simply go away your baggage quickly at your resort upon checkout, discover town your entire day, and choose it up earlier than heading to the airport.
Cebu Pacific has three bundle choices to your flight reserving: GO Primary comes with a free hand-carry baggage allowance (7kg). In order for you a checked bag and reserved seats, GO Simple features a one piece checked baggage (as much as 20kg) and a regular seat. For extra flexibility, GO Flexi means that you can cancel your flight without spending a dime and retailer the worth as a journey fund.
To e-book, go to: www.cebupacificair.com.
Jakarta Airport to Metropolis Middle
Journey time from the airport to your resort will depend on which a part of Jakarta you select to remain, however it might take between half-hour to an hour. Essentially the most handy means is by taking a taxi or utilizing a journey hailing app. Extra particulars about these beneath.
Numerous taxis await potential passengers on the airport. After going by customs and earlier than reaching the exit, you’ll be welcomed by folks providing you taxi providers. If you wish to take a taxi, a beneficial taxi service by locals is Blue Chook. You’ll discover a Blue Chook sales space to your left after you exit, close to the SIM card shops.
Nevertheless, in my expertise, their charge was larger than Seize, however this might range. You may go to the sales space to inquire concerning the fare going to your resort and examine it to charges on Seize or Gojek.
By Seize or Gojek
These two are the journey hailing apps accessible in Jakarta. It’s straightforward to make use of and reserving a journey solely takes a couple of minutes. The Seize pick-up level in Terminal 3 is positioned on the parking of the arrival space. After you cross by customs, flip to your proper and head in direction of the Choose-up zone. You ought to be exiting by the West Foyer door. On the parking, you’ll find signage for the Seize Choose-up Level.
It is very important know that the fare that reveals on the app just isn’t the ultimate fare. A parking price and freeway price or toll price might be added on high of it. This was additionally clearly communicated by the particular person on the Seize Choose-up level as soon as I acquired there and the driving force after I entered the automobile. However the Seize fare nonetheless turned out cheaper than the Blue Chook charge even after including these charges.
- Parking Charge: IDR 5,000
- Freeway/toll price: IDR 18,500
Gojek can be accessible on the airport. The pick-up level at Terminal 3 can be positioned on the worldwide parking space. Gojek additionally provides the parking price & toll price plus a location price on high of the fare that reveals on the app while you e-book your journey.
Essentially the most reasonably priced means of staying linked in Indonesia is by buying an information SIM card. Nevertheless, SIM playing cards in Jakarta have to be registered first, so that you’ll have to current your passport to get one. Two of the most well-liked web suppliers are XL Axiata and Telkomsel.
You will get a SIM card on the airport, however remember that the costs listed below are considerably larger than costs at a telco department or SIM card heart. Furthermore, airport shops are open solely from 7:00AM to three:00AM.
If you happen to’re from any of the nations beneath, you possibly can have the information SIM card delivered to you through Klook:
If you happen to’re from the Philippines or every other nation, it’s possible you’ll choose to choose up Indonesia DATA SIM on the Jakarta Airport (Soekarno Hatta Worldwide Airport). The choose up location is on the JavaMifi sales space at Terminal 3 Departure on the 2nd flooring. The employees can even show you how to arrange the sim card in your telephone. Nevertheless, the working hours is from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM solely. You should buy one right here: Indonesia DATA SIM Jakarta Airport Pickup!
If you happen to’re arriving in Jakarta late at night time, you received’t have the ability to avail of this since their registration has a cut-off time. An alternative choice to contemplate is Grapari, the SIM card heart of the telecommunications firm Telkomsel. They’ve a number of places throughout Jakarta. If you wish to save and you’ll handle to go from the airport with out information, simply lookup the Grapari department closest to your resort. Extra data on its web site.
Jakarta is a really busy metropolis and there are numerous transportation choices accessible. There are loads of taxis everywhere in the metropolis and it’s also possible to use journey hailing apps. Commuting can be an choice since they’ve an environment friendly public bus transportation referred to as Transjakarta. Nevertheless, as a result of it’s a busy metropolis, the site visitors will get heavy particularly throughout rush hours.
If you happen to’re visiting points of interest, a few of them are inside strolling distance from one another. You may stroll from The Nationwide Monument to see Merdeka Palace, after which stroll to the Nationwide Museum. You too can discover Kota Tua or the Outdated City on foot. You may select from the next mode of transportations to discover Indonesia’s capital relying in your finances and preferences.
There are loads of taxis across the metropolis. In some areas there are cabs lined up by the aspect of the highway so that you don’t should hail a cab on the road anymore. The recommended dependable taxi firm in Jakarta is Blue Chook. Their items are straightforward to identify as a result of they’re, properly, blue.
Using a taxi could pose a problem due to language barrier since not everybody speaks and understands English. However what you are able to do is write down the handle of your vacation spot or discover it on Google Maps, and present it to the driving force while you take a taxi. You might also ask your resort to name a taxi for you and ask them for assist to speak your vacation spot to the driving force.
By Seize or GoJek
- Automobile. In order for you a extra handy mode of transportation, e-book a Seize or Gojek. It’s extra easy since all it’s essential to do is pin your pick-up location and vacation spot on the app and wait to your automobile to reach. You might also pay utilizing bank card or money when utilizing journey hailing apps.
- Bike. That is the easiest way to beat the site visitors in Jakarta. If you happen to’re touring solo, Seize and GoJek even have a bike/bike choice. The bike can be less expensive in comparison with the automobile choice. So if you happen to’re on a finances, it is a nice choice to get from one place to a different faster and at a much less worth.
By Transjakarta Bus
Taking public transportation is the most cost effective choice. Every journey prices solely IDR 3,500 irrespective of the place your vacation spot is. The bus may be very environment friendly since there are 13 traces and over 200 stations everywhere in the metropolis. You could use Google maps to know which bus line it’s best to take and the place it’s best to get off to achieve your vacation spot.
Right here’s how one can journey the Transjakarta buses:
- Buy a Transjakarta Card at a comfort retailer. These playing cards can be found at any Indomaret, Alfamart, and different comfort shops in Jakarta. Every card prices IDR 27,500.
- High up your card on the digital kiosk at any station. You might also top-up your card while you buy it at a comfort retailer, however their minimal quantity is IDR 50,000 when you can high up as little as P10,000 on the station.
- Faucet your bus card on the ticket barrier on the station to enter.
- Faucet once more to exit the station the place you’ll get off.
Using the bus can take for much longer in comparison with the taxi, automobile service, or bike taxi. You may lookup your vacation spot on Google maps and examine the journey time for every and resolve from there relying in your time and finances.
Often known as Outdated Batavia, Kota Tua is Jakarta’s Outdated City. It was part of the primary walled settlement of the Dutch in Jakarta and in addition served because the capital of the Dutch East Indies. On this space, you’ll find Dutch-style buildings from the seventeenth century. A few of them was once authorities buildings that has been was museums. Listed below are a few of the locations you possibly can go to in Kota Tua.
- Jakarta Historical past Museum, additionally referred to as the Fatahillah Museum or Batavia Museum. It was once town corridor of Batavia. After Indonesia gained its independence, it grew to become the seat of the West Java governor till 1961 and a museum in 1974. At present it highlights Indonesia’s previous from the pre-historic period to the Dutch colonization to independence.
– Working Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 9:00 AM to three:00 PM; Monday, CLOSED
– Entrance Charge: IDR 5,000
- Fatahillah Sq., the place shophouses used to face. It’s positioned proper on the heart of the previous city and is surrounded by museums. It serves as a leisure space for locals and vacationers alike. Bikes are additionally accessible for lease at IDR 20,000 per unit, good for half-hour.
- Museum Wayang, placing the highlight on Indonesia’s conventional puppet theater. Admire varied varieties of wayang like wayang kulit, Javanese leather-based puppets, and wayang golek, Sundanese three-dimensional wood puppets. Within the museum’s backyard, you’ll find the funeral web site of Jan Pieterszoon Con, the Governor-general of the Dutch East Indies.
– Working Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 9:00 AM to three:00 PM; Monday, CLOSED
– Entrance Charge: IDR 5,000
- Museum Financial institution Indonesia, housed in a heritage constructing that was once the De Javasche Financial institution, the central financial institution of Dutch East Indies. It was transformed right into a museum in 2006, presenting the position of Financial institution Indonesia in Indonesian historical past in addition to the historical past of currencies and commerce within the nation.
– Working Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to three:30 PM; Monday, CLOSED
– Entrance Charge: IDR 5,000
- Financial institution Mandiri Museum, the company museum of Financial institution Mandiri. Established in 1998, this museum is dwelling to artifacts that was utilized in banking actions up to now.
– Working Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 9:00 AM to three:00 PM; Monday, CLOSED
– Entrance Charge: IDR 15,000
- Museum of Positive Arts and Ceramics, housed within the former Court docket of Justice below the Dutch. It showcases conventional Indonesian work and ceramics. Be part of a pottery workshop and make a chunk of your alternative. The workshop lasts for 30 to 45 minutes.
– Working Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 9:00 AM to three:00 PM; Monday, CLOSED
– Entrance Charge: IDR 5,000
– Pottery Workshop: IDR 50,000
- Cafe Batavia, set within the second oldest constructing within the sq.. Constructed within the nineteenth century, the 2-story constructing has a bar, efficiency stage, and lounge space on the bottom flooring and the “Grand Salon”, which is the principle eating corridor on the higher flooring. This is without doubt one of the most beneficial eating places in Jakarta due to its historic location, good meals, and nice service. They serve Indonesian meals from breakfast to dinner plus a couple of western dishes. Their menu additionally consists of espresso, tea, non-alcoholic, and alcoholic drinks.
– Working Hours: Monday to Thursday, 9:00 AM – 12:00 AM; Friday, 9:00 AM to 1:00 AM; Saturday, 7:00 AM – 1:00 AM; Sunday, 7:00 AM – 12:00 AM
The most important Chinatown in Indonesia, Glodok was established again within the Dutch colonial interval.
At present, Glodok is dotted with shops promoting snacks and Chinese language medication. There’s additionally a market the place you should purchase seafood, fruits, and greens. Foodies can even be delighted by an array of eating choices, from avenue meals stalls to meals courts.
Merdeka Sq. & Surrounding Landmarks
Merdeka Sq. serves as a leisure park for the locals. With an space of round 75 hectares, the sq. is so huge that they also have a shuttle to take you to the Nationwide Monument, its centerpiece.
If you happen to go to at night time, you will notice the Monas gentle up and illuminate the sq.. There’s additionally a meals courtroom space right here the place you possibly can have snacks or a meal.
Working Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Entrance Charge: FREE
Listed below are a few of the buildings inside and round Jakarta’s Merdeka Sq.:
- Nationwide Monument, additionally referred to as Monas, the image of Indonesian independence. The 132-meter (433-foot) monument was erected below President Sukarno and was opened to the general public in 1975. Included in its design is the date of the proclamation of Indonesia’s independence — August 17, 1945. Guests could enter the Nationwide Monument and climb to the highest to get a panoramic view of central Jakarta.
– Working Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
– Entrance Charge: IDR 40,000
- Nationwide Museum of Indonesia, aka the Elephant Museum or Museum Gajah due to the elephant statue in entrance of the museum constructing. It’s stated to be probably the most full within the nation. It boasts round 141,000 artifacts together with pre-historic, anthropological, and archeological artifacts from Indonesia and different elements of Asia, housed in two predominant buildings: Gedung Gajah which is the previous wing, and Gedung Arca which is a brand new wing that was added in 2007.
– Working Hours: Every day, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
– Entrance Charge: IDR 25,000
- Jakarta Cathedral, formally named The Church of Our Woman of the Assumption. It serves because the seat of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Jakarta. The present neo-Gothic construction just isn’t the unique church, however what was rebuilt after it collapsed in 1890.
- Merdeka Palace, positioned on the north aspect of Merdeka Sq.. It is usually generally known as Istana Merdeka in Indonesian. The development of the palace began in 1873 and was accomplished in 1879. It was then referred to as the Palace of the Governor-general. After Indonesia gained its independence in 1949, it grew to become the residence of the president of the Republic of Indonesia. You may even see the palace from throughout the road close to Merdeka Sq..
- Istiqlal Mosque, the most important mosque in Southeast Asia. Its building took 17 years, from 1961 to 1978. It was constructed to mark the independence of Indonesia therefore the title Istiqlal, which implies independence in Arabic. Guests could enter the mosque by Gate 5, which is true throughout the Jakarta Cathedral. In addition they present a guided tour of the mosque to vacationers. The tour is FREE however you’re welcome to provide a tip or donation. Tour is held each half-hour from 10am to 11:30am, from 1pm to 3pm, and 4pm to 4:30pm.
A nineteenth century market positioned in Central Jakarta, Pasar Baru is without doubt one of the oldest procuring districts within the metropolis.
The entire avenue is lined with shops promoting principally textiles, sneakers, and garments. You’ll undoubtedly not miss this space while you go to as a result of the road is marked by a bridge and a gate that shows its title.
Ancol is a waterfront advanced positioned within the coastal space of North Jakarta. Inside Ancol is a theme park referred to as Dunia Fantasi or Dufan. You’ll additionally discover Atlantis Water Journey which is a waterpark that includes the traditional cities of the Mediterranean.
Additionally positioned inside he advanced are an ecopark, an artwork market, and Gondola Ancol, which is the primary cable automobile journey in Indonesia. Every of those points of interest has a separate entrance price.
You could buy tickets on-line by their web site. You might also pay for the ticket on the entrance on-site, however take be aware that they solely settle for card funds for now.
Working Hours: Every day, 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Entrance Charge: IDR 25,000
Textiles are an enormous a part of Indonesia’s tradition. Museum Tekstil shows collections from completely different elements of the nation. Positioned in West Jakarta, the museum was inaugurated in 1976 in honor of Madame Tien Soeharto, who was Indonesia’s first woman on the time.
Except for the completely different textiles, conventional weaving devices and tools used to make batik additionally take centerstage contained in the museum.
Guests may be part of a workshop the place you will get strive making batik. From the gate of the museum, flip to your left and observe the signal that claims Pendopo Batik. You might also inform the particular person on the entrance that you simply need to make batik to allow them to lead you to the workshop space. Right here, the great women who make batik will information you thru the entire course of ranging from tracing your chosen design and utilizing the tjanting, a standard software used to use the liquid was to the material in batik making. The entire course of takes round an hour and also you get to maintain your batik and the tjanting as a memento!
Working Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Entrance Charge: IDR 5,000
Batik Making: IDR 40,000
Jalan Surabaya Flea Market
Alongside Jalan Surabaya in Menteng District lies a flea market. The road is lined with shops promoting tons of varied vintage gadgets. A go to to Jalan Surabaya is a should — particularly if you happen to’re focused on vintage gadgets otherwise you identical to taking a look at random distinctive items, from trinkets to collectibles to chandeliers. Additionally accessible are previous CDs and vinyls, ceramics, and much more!
Jakarta’s meals scene mirrors Indonesia’s wealthy tradition and lengthy historical past. The meals here’s a combine of various cuisines from varied elements of Indonesia, with influences from different locations. You received’t have a tough time on the lookout for a spot to eat in Jakarta as a result of it’s bursting with decisions — from avenue meals stalls to hawker facilities (meals courts) to correct sit-down eating places. And since Indonesia has a powerful espresso tradition, additionally, you will discover loads of cafes starting from conventional institutions to fashionable ones that give a brand new spin to everybody’s favourite drink.
- Sabang Road. Present in Central Jakarta, Sabang avenue meals or Kampung Kuliner Sabang is positioned alongside Jl. H. Agus Salim. Beginning at round 5PM, distributors start to arrange and open up their tents by the aspect of the highway. This is without doubt one of the greatest locations to go to in Jakarta if you wish to strive varied Indonesian dishes — together with sate, gudeg, nasi goreng, and martabak.
- Glodok. Chinatown’s streets are flanked with institutions promoting snacks, fruits, and desserts. Some stalls additionally promote meals like bakso and nasi goreng which you can eat proper there on the kerbside whereas sitting on a chair.
- Petak Enam. If you happen to choose to have a meal extra comfortably when you’re in Chinatown, head over to Petak Enam, a meals courtroom in Glodok. The place is stuffed to the seams with stalls providing varied Indonesian dishes and different cuisines too together with soto betawi, which is beef soup with coconut milk broth; and nasi campur, white rice served with several types of meat dishes.
- Padang Meals. Padang is a delicacies from West Sumatra recognized for its use of coconut milk and chili. It’s served in 1,000,000 other ways by 1,000,000 completely different eating places, however the most typical is probably hidang-style, through which prospects are seated after which they’re served with a number of small dishes. Don’t fear since you’re not pressured to eat every thing that was placed on the desk. You’re free to decide on no matter dishes you want and also you’ll solely pay for what you devour. There are lots of padang eating places in Jakarta, however listed below are two of the most well-liked:
– Rumah Makan Surya
Working Hours: Every day, 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
Handle: Jl. Bendungan Hilir
– Pagi Sore
A number of branches
- Kopi Es Ta Kie. A breakfast place in Glodok, Kopi Es Ta Kie is without doubt one of the oldest cafes in Jakarta. This family-owned establishment has been in enterprise since 1927 and has been handed on over generations. They’re open from early morning to early afternoon serving meals like nasi campur, bakmi ayam, and extra together with their espresso. Except for the restaurant in Glodok, in addition they now have a number of branches in Jakarta.
– Working Hours: Every day, 7:00 AM – 2:00 PM. However they could shut early as soon as they promote out.
- Kopi Oey Sabang. Kopi Oey has a number of branches, too, however their hottest department might be the one in Sabang. The espresso store has an Indonesian Chinese language design with partitions work and framed photographs of meals. Their menu consists of a wide range of nasi goreng, soto and sop, mie or noodles, pasta, roti, and different Indonesian breakfast meals. If you happen to’re a espresso lover, included of their choice are single origin espresso which you’ll choose your most popular brewing methodology.
– Working Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM; Friday to Saturday, 7:00 AM – 12:00 AM
– Handle: Jl. H. Agus Salim
- Giyanti Espresso Roastery. if you happen to’re after cafes with Instagrammable interiors, take into account Giyanti Espresso Roastery in Jalan Surabaya. This can be a excellent cease for espresso and pastries for breakfast or after you feast your eyes with antiques and store on the flea market. It has a vibrant inside and loads of seating area together with an out of doors space with a backyard really feel. As a result of it is usually a roastery, it’s also possible to buy espresso beans right here which you can take dwelling.
– Working Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM; Monday, CLOSED
– Handle: Jl. Surabaya, Menteng
– Word: Giyanti Espresso Roastery doesn’t settle for money funds. You could pay utilizing debit or bank card.
Right here’s a pattern 3-Day Jakarta itinerary with breakdown of bills. This assumes that you’ll be flying with Cebu Pacific, staying in Central Jakarta, and taking public transportation to go round. You could use this itinerary and make changes primarily based in your schedule and preferences.
- DAY 0: ARRIVAL
11:50 AM – Arrival in Jakarta
1:00 AM – Buy SIM card, IDR 250,000
1:30 AM – Seize to resort, IDR 160,000
1:40 AM – Lodge check-in
- DAY 1: CENTRAL JAKARTA
8:00 AM – Get up name
9:00 AM – Breakfast at Kopi Oey Sabang, IDR 90,000
10:00 AM – Purchase Transjakarta Card, IDR 27,500
10:30 AM – Stroll to Merdeka Sq.
10:40 AM – Nationwide Monument, IDR 40,000
11:30 AM – Stroll to Merdeka Palace
11:40 AM – Merdeka Palace
12:00 PM – Lunch, IDR 100,000
1:00 PM – Nationwide Museum, IDR 25,000
2:30 PM – Bus to Istiqlal Mosque, IDR 3500
3:20 PM – Jakarta Cathedral
3:45 PM – Istiqlal Mosque, Tour at 4pm
5:00 PM – Stroll to Pasar Baru
5:10 PM – Pasar Baru
6:10 PM – Bus to Padang Road Meals, IDR 3,500
6:40 PM – Padang Road Meals, IDR 100,000
9:00 PM – Again to resort
- DAY 2: KOTA TUA
8:00 AM – Get up name
9:00 AM – Breakfast at Kopi Es Tak Kie, IDR 85,000
10:00 AM – Bus to Kota Tua, IDR 3,500
10:30 AM – Museum of Positive Arts and Ceramic, IDR 5,000
11:00 AM – Pottery Workshop, IDR 50,000
12:00 PM – Lunch at Cafe Batavia, IDR 200,000
1:00 PM – Jakarta Historical past Museum, IDR 5,000
2:00 PM – Museum Wayang, IDR 5,000
3:00 PM – Museum Financial institution Indonesia, IDR 5,000
4:00 PM – Bus to Ancol, IDR 3,500
5:00 PM – Ancol, IDR 25,000
7:30 PM – Dinner, IDR 100,000
8:30 PM – Again to resort
9:00 PM – Lights out
- DAY 3: JALAN SURABAYA & GLODOK
9:00 AM – Get up name
10:00 AM – Early check-out, go away luggage
10:30 AM – Brunch @ Giyanti Espresso Roastery, IDR 100,000
11:30 AM – Jalan Surabaya Flea Market
12:30 PM – Textile Museum, IDR 5,000
1:30 AM – Batik Making, IDR 40,000
2:30 PM – Bus to Glodok, IDR 3,500
3:30 PM – Discover Glodok
7:00 PM – Dinner, IDR 80,000
8:00 PM – Again to resort, get luggage
9:00 PM – Seize to airport, IDR 160,000
9:40 PM – Flight Test-in
12:30 PM – Flight out
This itinerary will set you again round IDR 2,700,000 (USD 172, EUR 165, SGD 235, PHP 9700), excluding airfare and journey tax, however assuming you e-book a resort room that prices round IDR 200,000 per night time. You should still reduce the price if you happen to keep in a dorm or e-book a less expensive resort like we did. In actuality we solely paid IDR 124,000 per night time.
This additionally features a large allowance for incidental bills.
When is one of the best time to go to Jakarta?
Might to October is one of the best time to go to since these are the driest months in Jakarta.
Jakarta has a tropical local weather. The temperature right here doesn’t change a lot all year long. Nevertheless, the prospect of rain varies considerably making the moist and dry season very obvious. The dry months are from Might to October, with the driest month being August, so schedule your journey round this time if you wish to keep away from the rain ruining your plans.
The wettest months are September to April, with probably the most rain in January. Throughout these months, some elements of town are liable to flooding.Public holidays may have an effect on the site visitors and the working hours of points of interest and different institutions. Right here’s the record of public holidays in Indonesia:
- New Yr’s Day – January 1
- Chinese language New Yr – February 11
- Ascension of the Prophet Muhammad – February 28
- Hindu New Yr – March 3
- Good Friday – March or April
- Worldwide Labor Day – Might 1
- Ascencion of Jesus Christ – April or Might
- Pancasila Day – June 1
- Islamic New Yr – July 30
- Independence Day – August 17
- Maulid Nabi – October 8
- Christmas – December 25
The place to trade currencies in Jakarta?
I’ve solely tried a few cash changers alongside Gajah Mada close to Glodok. They’re open till late night time and there’s one that’s open for twenty-four hours. DollarIndo and Primatama have the identical or very comparable charges, that are fairly good.
What’s the energy plug or socket utilized in Jakarta?
Electrical energy Data: 230V, 50Hz frequency. Sort C and F plugs and sockets.