Right here’s our most up-to-date PUERTO PRINCESA TRAVEL GUIDE BLOG that you need to use to plan your journey. It features a pattern Puerto Princesa itinerary for 3 days 2 nights, and journey recommendations on the place to remain, how a lot price range to spend, and issues to do.
Ever heard of kambak-kambak syndrome?
Previous to our final Puerto Princesa journey, I’d by no means encountered this time period earlier than. You understand how you are likely to return to a vacation spot again and again? It appears to occur rather a lot in Palawan, and so the locals gave it a reputation — kambak-kambak — a tongue-in-cheek spin to “come again, come again”. On condition that our group have set foot in Puerto Princesa a number of instances over the previous decade, if it have been an actual situation, we in all probability had caught it, too!
Whether or not it’s your first time otherwise you’re a kambak-kambak traveler, we’ve put collectively this Puerto Princesa journey information that will help you plan a hassle-free journey!
Right here’s an inventory of hyperlinks to a few of the beneficial lodges, excursions, and points of interest that you could ebook on-line.
High Puerto Princesa Lodges on Agoda
High Puerto Princesa Excursions on Klook
High Puerto Princesa Points of interest
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
The capital of the province of Palawan, Puerto Princesa is a first-class, extremely urbanized metropolis. However regardless of the speedy growth through the years, it retains its rustic and partly suburban vibe; due to the traces of bushes and the plush greenery that cowl the world. No surprise it’s usually dubbed “The Metropolis within the Forest” and has been acknowledged as one of many cleanest and greenest cities within the nation.
Strategically positioned in the course of Palawan, it serves as the first gateway to the principle island. Though it may well take hours, you may entry as much as El Nido within the northernmost tip or Bataraza within the south, which serves because the bounce off level to the legendary Balabac Islands. Town correct faces Sulu Sea to the southeast, however its territory reaches till the West Philippine Sea to the northwest. Puerto Princesa can also be the second largest metropolis within the Philippines, subsequent solely to Davao.
Dubbed because the Eco-Tourism Middle of the Philippines, Puerto Princesa is understood for its organized and synchronized tourism business. Numerous sectors like tour guides, boat operators, and tricycle drivers work collectively. The excursions are regulated and monitored by the Tourism Workplace, therefore standardized excursions are provided to vacationers. The preferred is a tour of the Puerto Princesa Underground River, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Web site and voted as one of many New7Wonders of Nature in 2012.
Listed below are some important info that you just may discover helpful to know earlier than going to Puerto Princesa.
Puerto Princesa is open to all vacationers no matter their vaccination standing. We didn’t expertise any doc inspection upon arrival within the metropolis. However airline workers do ask to see the next upon checkin:
- Legitimate ID
- Vaccination card or VaxCertPH (for absolutely vaccinated vacationers)
Nevertheless, if you happen to’re coming from a spot beneath Alert Degree 2 or increased, a adverse antigen take a look at consequence legitimate inside at some point previous to departure is required.
The Puerto Princesa Worldwide Airport (PPS) serves as the principle gateway to town and different municipalities in Palawan. Most home airways — Philippine Airways, Cebu Pacific, AirAsia — have flights to and from Puerto Princesa, so in search of one wouldn’t be an issue.
Puerto Princesa Airport to Metropolis Middle
The Puerto Princesa Worldwide Airport is positioned throughout the metropolis middle. From right here, going to areas throughout the metropolis correct would take solely couple of minutes.
Probably the most handy mode of transportation from the airport is the tricycle. Tricycles could be discovered parked outdoors the airport, ready for passengers. You’ll should stroll a bit to the gate and exit the airport to journey one.
Listed below are the fares from the airport to completely different components of town. Tricycles can accommodate as much as 3 folks.
- Throughout the metropolis middle: P150
- To San Jose Terminal: P200
- To Honda Bay: P500
In case you’re booked with an upscale resort or resort, double test with the administration first and see if they provide free airport transfers.
Loads of lodging are located throughout the metropolis middle, not too removed from the airport. Beachfront lodges or resorts are normally positioned a bit farther. Staying within the metropolis correct is right if you wish to see extra of town and have easy accessibility to its many eating places and retailers.
High Finances Lodges & Guesthouses in Puerto Princesa
Listed below are a few of the top-ranking however reasonably priced properties on Agoda with over 100 evaluations:
Fashionable Puerto Princesa Resorts
When you’ve got a much bigger price range, listed here are a few of the most well-known properties within the metropolis.
Lots of the points of interest in Puerto Princesa could be visited as a part of a tour. Though it’s doable to tug a DIY to save lots of on the prices, reserving a packaged tour will make it extra handy and hassle-free. While you avail of 1, you’ll even have a skilled tour information who may give you extra info and insights about every spot, permitting you to understand it extra.
On this part, we’ll share with you the very best points of interest and actions in Puerto Princesa, grouped in accordance with the excursions that they’re normally part of. We’ll embrace prices for each packaged and DIY excursions.
Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour
Town’s most well-known vacationer spot, the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River is a UNESCO World Heritage Web site, a Ramsar Wetland Web site, and one of many New 7 Wonders of Nature.
On a paddle boat, you’ll be led by a information on a journey into the cave that shelters the underground river. The tour covers solely the primary 1.5 kilometers, however the river measures 8.2 kilometers lengthy in full. Some components are open solely to scientists and different permitted explorers.
Contained in the cave, you will note gorgeous stalactites, stalagmites and the assorted formations that took form for over hundreds of years. You’ll additionally study extra concerning the cave system by the offered audio information.
When you’ve got restricted time or price range and will solely avail of 1 packaged tour, this needs to be it. The PPUR administration solely permits a restricted variety of vacationers per day. Due to this, walk-ins will not be allowed and superior reservation is required. In case you ebook a tour with a journey company or tour operator, they may deal with the paperwork for you. You’ll additionally keep away from the difficulty of arranging transportation to Sabang Seashore which is the jump-off level, round one and a half hours away.
Packaged excursions normally embrace:
- roundtrip land switch to Sabang Seashore
- roundtrip boat switch to the underground river
- audio information
You may additionally avail this tour through Klook for P1900. However when you’ve got extra time and greater price range, think about doing a 3-in-1 Sabang Tour. At P3550, it consists of the next:
- Underground River Tour
- Sabang X Zipline
- Mangrove Paddle Tour
Test up to date charges or ebook under:
Honda Bay Tour
Honda Bay Tour is an island hopping exercise that can take you to not less than three islands not too distant from town. As of this writing, solely 3 islands are open for island hopping excursions: Starfish Island, Luli Island, and Cowrie Island.
In case you’re touring with a big group, pulling a DIY can assist you save. In case you’re touring solo, with a small group otherwise you merely need the comfort of availing a packaged tour, journey companies and lodges normally supply this tour for P1500 per particular person.
In case you plan to journey independently, listed here are the charges for personal boats. You’ll see two costs as a result of you’ve got two boat choices: 3-cylinder and 4-cylinder boats.
- 3 Islands (Starfish, Luli & Cowrie): P1800 to P2100
- 2 Islands (Luli & Cowrie solely): P1500 to P1800
You may additionally choose to skip the island hopping when you’ve got a specific island you need to go to.
There’s additionally an environmental charge that it’s a must to pay on the wharf. Listed below are the charges:
- Environmental charge: P150
- Terminal charge: P5
- Goggles & snorkel rental: P150
- Full face masks rental: P200
- Aqua footwear rental: P150
- Fins rental: P150
Every island additionally has a separate entrance charge and cottage rental charges as properly. Listed below are the doorway charges per island.
- Cowrie Island: P100
- Luli Island: P70
- Starfish Island: P50
If you wish to keep away from the trouble of paying these charges by yourself, you’ll be able to simply ebook a packaged tour. Honda Bay Excursions are inclusive of land and boat transfers, entrance and cottages charges, and lunch. You may additionally avail this tour through Klook!
Puerto Princesa Metropolis Tour
This half-day tour could be performed both within the morning or afternoon. Tour operators normally supply this tour for P600 per particular person, however you can even constitution a tricycle for P1000 per automobile, which might accommodate as much as 3 folks.
Town tour normally consists of the next stops:
- Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Middle. First often called Crocodile Farming Institute, it retains and breeds two species of crocodiles: the Philippine crocodile (Crocodylus mindorensis) and the saltwater crocodile (Crocodylus porosus). Rescued animals are additionally housed on this facility, particularly these which are endemic to the province.
- Plaza Cuartel. A historic sq., Plaza Cuartel was an previous garrison the place the Palawan Bloodbath befell in December 1944. 100 fifty American prisoners of warfare have been stored in a tunnel throughout World Battle II till they have been killed by the Japanese by burning them alive. Eleven prisoners have been in a position to escape and survive. Their names at the moment are displayed on a plaque contained in the plaza.
- Binuatan Creations. A present store the place you should buy handloom woven merchandise created from Palawan’s native grasses and fibers. Apart from purchasing, you can even see how the merchandise are made of their workshop and even attempt weaving your self!
- Mitra’s Ranch. This property sitting on prime of a hill in Brgy. Sta. Monica is owned by the late Senator Ramon Mitra and his household. It’s open to the general public and serves as a viewpoint.
- Baker’s Hill. Fashionable for his or her hopia and different pastries, that is the same old pasalubong cease! It’s additionally a park with many picture-worthy corners and has an in-house restaurant if you wish to seize a chew.
If you wish to have a extra comfy tour in an air-conditioned van, you’ll be able to avail this tour on Klook.
Firefly Watching Tour
Spend a magical evening and watch fireflies and the celebrities whereas on board a small boat. There are three areas for firefly watching in Puerto Princesa:
- Iwahig. The primary firefly watching location in Puerto Princesa. As of writing, that is closed and firefly watching excursions listed here are unavailable.
- Sicsican River. The tour commences on the Baywalk, the place you’ll hop on a ship that can take you to Sicsican River. A dinner on the boat can also be included on this tour.
- Nagsaguipi River. Bask in a buffet dinner earlier than you feast your eyes with the glowing fireflies!
Tour operators supply this tour between P1300- P1600 per particular person. Firefly watching tour in Nagsaguipi River can also be accessible on Klook.
Lower than an hour away from town correct, Nagtabon Seashore was a spot for many who need to keep away from the group. Now, a variety of lodging institutions stand alongside the seaside, however the place stays simply as breathtaking. This can be a good place to go to if you happen to’re trying to spend extra time on the seaside with out having to journey too distant from town.
Make your strategy to San Jose terminal and hop on a bus going north. Any bus sure for Taytay, Roxas, or El Nido will do. Inform the motive force to drop you off in Bacungan (P80) then journey a tricycle going to Nagtabon Seashore (P300, max 3 pax).
In case you’re a gaggle, you’ll be able to lease a van to take you straight to Nagtabon. In case you can drive two wheels, renting a motorcycle can also be an possibility if there are two of you otherwise you’re touring solo.
Nagtabon Seashore will also be included in your Puerto Princesa Metropolis Tour itinerary for a further charge. Simply ask your driver if he’s OK with it.
Thrill-seekers will love this attraction. This 800-meter lengthy zipline is claimed to be one of many longest ziplines within the Philippines. You’ll be able to get pleasure from this solo or by pair as you glide throughout Sabang Seashore. The journey would additionally deal with you to a implausible view of Sabang from above. It takes a brief 15-minute hike to succeed in the zipline’s start line.
That is normally packaged with Underground River since Sabang additionally serves because the jump-off level to it. You are able to do this previous to the underground river cease if there’s an extended ready time or after it simply earlier than you’ve got lunch. Sabang X-Zipline prices P550.
You may additionally avail this through Klook for a reduced value.
Different Puerto Princesa Points of interest
- Ugong Rock Adventures. An journey park positioned in Barangay Tagabinet the place you’ll be able to go trekking, rappeling, and spelunking. A 71-meter zipline can also be one of many options, making your journey extra unforgettable. E-book right here! ✅
- Palawan Waterpark by Astoria. That is the one waterpark in Palawan. In case you’re in search of an exercise that children and youngsters at coronary heart alike would get pleasure from, add this to your itinerary. Every ticket is inclusive of a lunch buffet. Fee: Adults, P1200; Youngsters (4ft and under), P950; Youngsters (2 years previous and under), FREE
- Tibag Falls. About 40 minutes away from town middle, Tibag Falls is positioned in Bacungan. To get right here, board a bus going north at San Jose Terminal. Ask the motive force to drop you off close to Bacungan Bridge. From there, it could take a 2-hour stroll to succeed in this superb falls.
To see extra locations to go to, take a look at: PUERTO PRINCESA TOURIST SPOTS!
Discovering a spot to eat in Puerto Princesa is not going to be an issue. Town middle is teeming with a various assortment of meals spots. If you wish to attempt the Puerto Princesa classics, just a few of them are positioned alongside Rizal Avenue.
In case you’re on a price range, you’ll be able to at all times depend on carinderias (small eateries) the place a P100-budget can get you a full meal.
Listed below are a few of the most well-known eating places in Puerto Princesa:
Arguably the most well-liked eating spot in Puerto Princesa, this homey restaurant focuses on Pinoy seafood dishes like seafood kare-kare, grilled fish, and shrimp or tuna sinigang. Their menu consists principally of seafood and greens dishes. In addition they have a particular set meal that’s good for 2 for under P795. In case you’re planning to dine right here, be certain that to name the restaurant and make a reservation.
Location: Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
Working Hours: Monday-Saturday, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM – Lunch, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM – Dinner; Sunda, CLOSED
Contact quantity: (048) 726 6217
Kinabuch’s is an open-air grill and bar the place you’ll be able to get pleasure from some drinks along with your meal. Their menu has all kinds of Pinoy dishes from appetizers to dessert. It’s additionally a go-to place for many who need to attempt Puerto Princesa’s unique dish, tamilok. It’s normally served uncooked with a aspect of spiced vinegar.
Location: Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
Working Hours: Every day, 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Cacaoyan Forest Park
Cacaoyan Forest Park is a buffet restaurant set in a lush backyard bursting with IG-worthy spots. It serves as a lunch cease on many Underground River excursions provided by journey companies. However if you wish to expertise this by itself, finest to make advance reservations.
The lunch buffet is priced at P350/particular person, however you will get a reduction if you happen to ebook with Klook.
Location: Sabang, Puerto Princesa
Working Hours: Every day, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
You may as well order tamilok right here for P100 per plate.
Different Puerto Princesa Eating places
- Badjao Seafront Restaurant. If you wish to dine by the bay and feast on recent seafood, that is the place to be. It stands subsequent to mangroves and has a view of the sundown which provides to its appeal. Worth begins at P125 as much as P550. Their seafood platter prices P1,150.
– Location: Abueg St., Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working hours: Every day, 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Balinsasayaw Restaurant. A budget-friendly restaurant serving low-cost to mid-range Pinoy dishes. Their worth meals prices lower than P200. In case you’re with a gaggle, additionally they have group meals that you could avail.
– Handle: Manalo St., Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working Hours: Every day, 10:00 AM to eight:00 PM
- Ka Joel’s Restaurant. One other dependable title within the metropolis’s meals scene, Ka Joel’s serves Filipino delicacies. Its bestsellers embrace hen inasal and beef kare kare.
– Location: Purok Centro, Puerto Princesa Metropolis
– Working Hours: Every day, 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM- Lunch, 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM- Dinner
For loaded vacationers, large lodges have their in-house eating places that spotlight their tackle Filipino delicacies.
- Hue Lodge homes Matiz Restaurant and Tapas Bar, which boasts a principally Spanish menu.
- Princesa Backyard Island Resort and Spa has a eating complicated that includes 4 eating places together with the Golden Elephant Seafood Village, which focuses on Thai meals.
Right here’s a pattern 3-day 2-night Puerto Princesa itinerary with breakdown of bills. Observe that this itinerary assumes the next:
- You’re a celebration of two, splitting a few of the prices.
- The lodging you’ll ebook prices P1500 per evening. In case you break up it between 2 folks, that will be P750 per evening per particular person.
- You’ll ebook a lot of the excursions through Klook.
However as at all times, be happy to make changes based mostly in your schedule and preferences.
- DAY 1: CITY TOUR
08:20 AM – Arrival in Puerto Princesa
09:00 AM – Tricycle to resort, P75 (P150/2pax)
09:20 AM – Lodge check-in
11:00 AM – Early lunch
12:30 PM – Metropolis Tour (Tricycle), P500 (P1000/2pax)
– Crocodile Park: P70
– Butterfly Backyard: P60
– Mitra’s Ranch: P20
04:00 PM – Lodge, clean up
06:00 PM – Dinner at Ka Lui, P500
09:30 PM – Again to resort
- DAY 2: UNDERGROUND RIVER
06:00 AM – Get up name
07:00 AM – Underground River Tour, P1900, E-book right here! ✅
04:00 PM – Again to resort, Relaxation
07:00 PM – Dinner at Kinabuch’s, P500
10:00 PM – Again to resort
- DAY 3: HONDA BAY TOUR
6:00 am – Get up, early check-out, depart luggage
7:00 am – Honday Bay Tour, P1640, E-book right here! ✅
2:00 pm – Again to resort, choose up luggage
3:00 pm – Tricycle to airport, P75 (P150/2pax)
5:30 pm – Flight again to Manila
This itinerary would value you round PhP 5700 (USD 103, EUR 96, SGD 139), excluding airfare and resort however together with a little bit of allowance for incidental bills.
In case you’re in a position to ebook a room for P1400/evening or P700/evening/particular person, put together to shell out a complete of PhP 7,100 (USD 128, EUR 120, SGD 172) excluding airfare however together with some allowance.
You’ll be able to deliver the price even decrease if you happen to’re a much bigger group and by doing the Honda Bay Tour by yourself (DIY-style).
- Tricycle fare for brief distances is round P15-25. Fares to and for the airport normally value greater than the common fares.
- Stroll when you’ll be able to. The streets of Puerto Princesa are punctuated with bushes so it doesn’t get as sizzling as different extremely urbanized cities.
- Carry your individual reusable water bottle, so that you don’t have to hold shopping for bottled water. Doing this may allow you to lower your expenses and cut back plastic waste on the identical time. You’ll be able to simply refill your water bottle at your resort or at your lunch/dinner stops.
- Carry insect repellent lotion. Shield your self from mosquitoes by making use of insect repellent lotion particularly if you go trekking or island hopping.
- Use coral-friendly sunscreen. Keep away from utilizing sunscreen that incorporates components that would hurt the coral reef like oxybenzone and parabens.
When is the very best time to go to Puerto Princesa?
January to April, the driest interval. However understand that these are additionally the busiest months, peaking in March and April, that are thought of “summer time” months within the Philippines.
If you wish to keep away from the group, schedule a visit round January to February when the climate just isn’t too sizzling and never that wet both. But, additionally it is essential to notice that Palawan is in between two main seas, the West Philippine Sea and the Sulu Sea. Its location extremely impacts its climate system, which is completely different from the remainder of the nation. Even in the course of the dry season, it might be fairly damp and rain is anticipated within the afternoons. The truth is, our group have visited in April as soon as and it nonetheless poured on a few days. And even in our different visits in different months, it could usually rain within the afternoon.
Puerto Princesa is a year-round vacation spot. Whereas town took a beating from Hurricane Odette just a few years in the past, this isn’t a standard prevalence. Palawan is positioned within the western excessive of the nation, remoted from most different principal islands. It isn’t alongside the same old storm route.
What’s the energy plug/socket utilized in Puerto Princesa?
Electrical energy Data: 220V, 60Hz. Socket Sort A, principally.