PHOENIX, Arizona—BWH Resort Group is doubling down on its dedication to environmental and social accountability throughout its international portfolio. Alongside its engagement with the Sustainable Hospitality Alliance, BWH Resort Group has created a world sustainability strategic initiative, referred to as “As a result of We Care,” which can give attention to three pillars: earth, individuals, and group (EPC).
“With every passing yr, the necessity for extra accountable and sustainable journey will increase in significance,” stated Larry Cuculic, president and CEO, BWH Resort Group. “We, as members of the worldwide hospitality group, can’t afford to sit down on the sidelines and anticipate change to occur. That’s the reason we applaud the momentous efforts our motels and resorts around the globe are already taking to enact sustainable-driven initiatives.”
“The hospitality business is concentrated on addressing our most important international challenges,” stated Ron Pohl, president of worldwide operations and WorldHotels. “It is a collective effort, with each resort model, resort proprietor, and resort worker feeling empowered to do their half. I’m pleased with the steps we now have taken with even bolder adjustments at BWH Resort Group with the evolution of our As a result of We Care program, and within the meantime, I’m thrilled to assist our hoteliers who’re already making nice strides in areas of sustainability.”
Whereas the BWH Resort Group portfolio has packages for lowering its environmental footprint, the next embrace examples of how particular person properties are addressing sustainability:
- Status Resorts & Resorts in Canada: With 9 of its motels in British Columbia, Canada lately becoming a member of the WorldHotels Assortment portfolio, Status Resorts & Resorts is dedicated to the GreenStep Sustainable Tourism program, with Sustainable Tourism Certifications throughout its properties. As a part of the chain’s initiatives, efforts embrace its Go Inexperienced Program, which inspires visitors to decide out of housekeeping providers in change for eating credit or reward factors and enacts fundraising and donation efforts in assist of JoeAnne’s Home.
- Greatest Western Plus Kamloops Resort in Canada: Positioned in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, Greatest Western Plus Kamloops Resort is a Inexperienced Key-rated property and Biosphere dedicated entity. The resort’s on-property sustainability initiatives embrace two EV charging stations, compostable singles use dishes, and geothermal heated scorching tubs and swimming pools. The property additionally sources provides from native distributors inside 100 miles of the resort.
- Greatest Western Premier Resort Victoria in Germany: Positioned in Freiburg, Germany, Greatest Western Premier Resort Victoria has initiatives that embrace the implementation of 200 sq. meters of photo voltaic panels and 4 wind generators, environmentally pleasant cleansing brokers and decreased water utilization, wooden pellet heating and cold-water cooling programs, and waste discount strategies. Greatest Western Premier Resort Victoria is a member of Sleep Inexperienced Resorts, Eco-Administration and Audit Scheme (EMAS), Innovation Academy, Energieagentur Regio Freiburg, Inexperienced Metropolis Cluster Freiburg.
- BWH Resort Group Properties in Nice Britain: Throughout Nice Britain, BWH Resort Group has partnered with QIA Providers for its motels within the vacation spot. The model is working with them as its associate for sustainability with its accreditation scheme, REST, which stands for Accountable, Moral, Sustainable Tourism. Every BWH Resort Group property in Nice Britain is assessed and receives accreditation from QIA Providers.
- Greatest Western Resort Mediterraneo in Spain: Positioned in Castelldefels, Spain, Greatest Western Resort Mediterraneo lately achieved the Biosphere Sustainable Licensed distinguishment. Assessed by way of Spain’s Instituto de Turismo Accountable (ITR), this certification acknowledges the property’s dedication to sustainability by way of its vary of inexperienced efforts.
- Greatest Western Plus Westlands in Kenya: Positioned in Nairobi, Kenya, Greatest Western Plus Westlands has applied community-focused initiatives to assist enhance sustainability. The resort leads varied initiatives, together with giving again to an area youngsters’s residence, in addition to upcoming plans to interact with David Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage to undertake a child Elephant and take part in tree planting this upcoming Earth Day. Its on-property vitality and waste discount strategies embrace a linen recycling program, movement gentle sensors in assembly and customary areas, cooking oil recycling, and waste sorting and plastic recycling by way of a 3rd celebration.
- Caravelle Saigon in Vietnam: A member of the WorldHotels Elite Assortment, Caravelle Saigon has secured its “Earth Test” certificates and is the primary and solely property in Vietnam to realize the certification. As a part of this certification, the resort applied a glass and refillable water challenge to take away single-use plastics; outfitted renovated guestrooms with LED bulbs and double-glazed home windows to cut back air con workload; and offers visitors with biodegradable toothbrushes, shavers, and combs constituted of wheat husks.