It’s the UAE’s most famous and delightful constructing, rated #3 landmark on the earth by TripAdvisor’s Vacationers’ Alternative Awards, however how precisely are you able to go to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi if you’re flying out and in of Dubai?
The Grand Mosque has re-opened post-COVID, and border crossing restrictions between the Emirates have been abolished. As of seven November 2022, you not require any form of PCR testing, nor proof of vaccination towards COVID-19 with a purpose to enter public areas in Abu Dhabi emirate.
On this information to the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi, we’ll cowl
Issues To Know About The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
Earlier than diving into the small print of tips on how to get there, let’s take a look at just some fabulous info concerning the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (and why it’s completely definitely worth the day journey from Dubai!)
- The Grand Mosque is known as after the nation’s founding father, the Late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan “Could Allah relaxation his soul in peace”.
- The Mosque is an energetic home of worship, able to housing 41,000 worshippers at capability – 10,000 inside and 31,000 within the exterior courtyards.
- The constructing of the Mosque was accomplished in 2007 with the craftsmanship of 38 contractors and hundreds of employees from all over the world.
- It holds a number of “largest on the earth” claims to fame – together with the most important hand-woven carpet at 5,627 sqm and the most important marble mosaic ground in its 17,000 sqm courtyard.
- HH Sheikh Zayed is laid to relaxation in a mausoleum on the Mosque grounds. Two Imans learn the Quran right here 24 hours a day.
How To Get To The Grand Mosque From Dubai
There are restricted public transport choices between Abu Dhabi and Dubai, as we talk about right here, so our best-recommended methodology of getting from Dubai to Abu Dhabi to see the Grand Mosque are:
- Take A Taxi – roughly 1.5 hours, relying on the place you set out from; anticipate to pay round AED 300-350 one-way for a metered taxi.
- Be a part of A Tour Group – 1.5 to 2 hours, relying on the departure level and what number of pickups they make. A tour information, meals, and a number of vacationer stops are prone to be thrown in, so the value could be very variable per individual – extra under!
- Rent a Non-public Driver – taking roughly 1.5 hours; that is the only option when you choose door-to-door service and like the private contact – superb if you’re a household or small group trying to break up the price. You may strive a service reminiscent of GetTransfer to have personal drivers bid in your journey and get a aggressive value.
- Self Drive – 1 to 1.5 hours – If you’re a assured driver, decide up a rent automotive in Dubai and take the E11 all the way in which to Abu Dhabi.
- Take a public bus – 2 to 2.5 hours, relying in your place to begin; extra under!
Public Transport Dubai to Abu Dhabi to see the Grand Mosque
There are two totally different Intercity bus routes which you could take from Dubai to central Abu Dhabi, every costing AED 25 a method.
- The primary bus leaves from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station (Route 100) approx each 20 minutes and terminates at Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station (Al Wadha Mall)
- The second leaves from Ibn Battuta Mall (Route 101) approx each half-hour and in addition terminates at Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station
From Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station, you then must catch an area Abu Dhabi bus service 94 to the Grand Mosque.
Observe you should utilize your Nol card to get to Abu Dhabi on the InterCity bus, however from Abu Dhabi central bus station to the Grand Mosque, you want a Hafilat card to make use of native public transport within the capital.
Organised Excursions From Dubai to Abu Dhabi
You may be part of a bigger tour group and easily use this as a type of transportation or rent a private information and driver.
This will actually take the stress out of self-driving, however do word lots of the tour buses from Dubai arrive “en masse”. If you’d like crowd-free pictures, self-driving, taxi or personal Abu Dhabi excursions are the higher method to go.
Extra Info And Customer Info To Know About Visiting The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque As A Vacationer
Do I have to be Muslim to go to?
Under no circumstances. The Grand Mosque is open to everybody so long as they deal with it in a respectful approach (together with conservative gown).
There are specific areas of energetic worship and Friday mornings when visits are restricted to worshippers solely.
In any other case, you possibly can attend the Grand Mosque any time throughout opening hours.
What ought to I put on to the Grand Mosque?
It’s at all times advisable as a vacationer in Abu Dhabi to decorate conservatively. The Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque – and actually, any non secular or Authorities constructing within the UAE – has a a lot increased gown customary than, say, a Mall or public promenades.
For ladies, you could have legs and arms utterly coated and your head. The one pores and skin that may present is your arms, toes, and face. If you’re not adequately dressed (don’t fear, this is applicable to most vacationers), you can be despatched to buy an abaya or Shayla within the adjoining boutiques as you enter the mosque. These are round AED 40 – 80 for one thing low-cost.
That is all a part of the expertise, so embrace it! However please don’t assume this implies you need to put on the skimpiest outfit beneath!
For males, they need to be in lengthy trousers and sleeves. If they’ve shorts on, they may also be requested to buy one thing extra appropriate earlier than coming into.
Please word! since COVID the power to rent acceptable clothes at no cost to enter the Grand Mosque has been suspended and doesn’t seem like it can return. In the event you flip up with in acceptable clothes, you can be redirected by safety employees to a small strip of procuring boutiques to purchase the precise apparel. They’re comparatively cheap, however it’s possible you’ll wish to BYO from Dubai when you’re hitting the souks, think about it a memento of your time within the UAE!
Safety stringently enforces the suitable carrying of your outfits all through your go to – you’ll find a very detailed information to the Grand Mosque gown code right here.
Observe, a part of the tour entails you taking off your sneakers to stroll by means of the Mosque itself; think about good socks too, or having your toenails painted for this!! And keep in mind the place you left your sneakers!!!
Do I must pay to enter the Grand Mosque?
It’s completely free. The Mosque is for the individuals; as such, no cost is levied on worshippers or guests. Even cultural excursions are offered at no cost.
Nevertheless, they’ll situation you an entry ticket the place it is advisable give some private particulars. This may be completed on-line upfront right here to save lots of time.
Do I must guide a tour of the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi?
In the event you include a tour information, they could have a private tour information included inside the value you paid.
In any other case, the very best various choice to ensure you get the very best out of your Grand Mosque go to is to get entangled with one of many FREE mosque cultural excursions.
These are held all through the day without having to pre-book.
Opening occasions for the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
- Saturday by means of Thursday, 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Excursions are performed in English and Arabic and final round 45 minutes, with a chance to ask additional questions on the finish. It’s not customary to tip for this tour.
Greatest Lodging Close to The Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi has plentiful lodging selections. Our favourites near the Grand Mosque, or with spectacular views again over the canal in the direction of the Grand Mosque are:
Extra To See In Abu Dhabi
For a very long time, the Grand Mosque was in all probability Abu Dhabi’s most distinguished and the one drawcard getting vacationers to trek the 160km journey from Dubai.
Nevertheless, many extra vacationer highlights now warrant at the very least a full-day journey to Abu Dhabi, if not longer.
Look out for Abu Dhabi excursions that may also embody:
- The Louvre Abu Dhabi – a shocking Museum on Saadiyat Island that covers the historical past of humanity in an outstanding waterfront setting. Open Tuesday to Sunday; Closed Mondays. Paid Entry.
- Qasr al Watan – the Presidential Palace of the United Arab Emirates is a shocking new constructing to rival the great thing about the Grand Mosque. Open for each day excursions. Paid Entry.
- Qasr al Hosn – a superb perception into the historical past of the United Arab Emirates and Abu Dhabi from early Bedouin days by means of to the invention of oil, federation, and the modern-day metropolis. Open Day by day,Paid Entry.
We clarify right here tips on how to get from Dubai to the Louvre and Qasr al Watan with a free shuttle service from Dubai. You may as well try our full information for issues to do in Abu Dhabi over on our accomplice web site www.abudhabitravelplanner.com for extra of town’s spectacular cultural websites and leisure.
Earlier than you go… Extra essential issues you need to know when planning a visit to Dubai
- Don’t neglect to pack your journey insurance coverage!!!
Please word we aren’t a journey company. This web site is a journey weblog to assist newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their journey, we can not guide your flights, resorts, visas or connections for you. We might make a small fee when you click on on any of our suggestion hyperlinks.
Dubai Journey Planner