The celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr (Eid al-Fitr) happens on the conclusion of the Holy Month of Ramadan.
The dates this big day will fall on will likely be decided by moon sighting; nonetheless, the precise days the private and non-private sectors will take as holidays in Dubai will likely be confirmed by the UAE Authorities.
Eid public vacation in 2023 is predicted to happen from 20 April to 23 April (and presumably Monday 24 April) – confirmed by the moon sighting committee
Keep tuned for the precise dates to be introduced.
The dates for 2024 will transfer ahead roughly ten days, with Eid ul Fitr anticipated to fall from 11 to 14 April 2024.
On this Dubai Eid information, we’ll cowl:
What do I must know as a customer to Dubai throughout Eid?
Eid Al Fitr celebrates the Competition of the Breaking of the Quick. From Ramadan 29 (or 30) to Shawwal 3 (the tenth month on the Hijri calendar), Muslims world wide mark the top of “saum” – daytime fasting – which is likely one of the 5 pillars of Islam.
Eid al-Fitr is a pageant for Muslims to point out gratitude to Allah (God) for the assistance and power he gave them all through the month of Ramadan to assist them apply self-control. Muslims will collect in mosques or open areas and provide two items of prayer – known as “Rakat”. The prayers are adopted by a sermon, wherein the Imam asks for forgiveness, mercy, and peace for each being the world over.
Together with exchanging Eid greetings and feasting with household, one other necessary component of the Eid celebrations is giving cash to the poor (referred to as ‘Zakat al-Fitr‘).
Present-giving amongst relations can also be commonplace. Not fairly like Christmas for Christians, however alongside the identical strains of giving and receiving. Generally known as Eidi, elders give youngsters cash or items to mark the event.
There’s nothing particular guests to Dubai really want to look at throughout Eid. Nonetheless, it’s necessary to notice it may be a really busy time of yr and lodge costs can rise (immensely) because of plenty of native households selecting to staycation at the moment of yr.
The well mannered greeting to make use of at the moment with any Muslim buddies and aquaintances is “Eid Mubarak”.
Confused over which Eid?
There are, actually, two Islamic celebrations known as “Eid”. The second Eid, which is definitely the holier of the 2 Eid’s celebrated by Muslims world wide is Eid-al- Adha – Competition of the Sacrifice.
Eid Al Adha happens on the tenth day of Dhu Al Hijjah, which is the twelfth and ultimate month within the Hijri (Islamic) calendar. A minimal of 4 days is noticed as a public vacation within the UAE.
Arafat Day and Eid Al Adha are anticipated to fall from 27 to 30 June 2023.
Occasions Throughout Eid Al Fitr in Dubai
Eid Fireworks in Dubai
Some of the anticipated occasions of Eid for households is catching some festive fireworks. There are many places throughout town you possibly can be a part of the motion.
- Bluewaters Island will likely be celebrating on Saturday, April 22 at 9:00 PM
- Dubai Competition Metropolis provides a superb festive backdrop over Dubai Creek for fireworks
- Dubai Parks and Resorts Riverland in Jebel Ali will likely be lighting up the sky for theme park followers at a decent 7:00 PM to your littles, and an extra present at 9:00 PM on Saturday, 22 April
- Etisalat Seashore Canteen (on Jumeirah Seashore, behind Sundown Mall) – occasions on all afternoon from 4:00 PM with fireworks on 21 April at 9:00 PM
- Expo Metropolis Dubai continues to impress with its leisure providing post-Expo and will likely be an excellent spot to get pleasure from for Eid Fireworks free of charge
- International Village – open all through Eid with prolonged hours 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM, benefit from the final of this seasonal spectacular with a fireworks celebration at 9:00 PM on Friday and Saturday, 21/22 April 2023.
- Palm Jumeirah and the Pointe – with Atlantis as your backdrop (TBC 2023)
Nb, as is conventional, public parking is free on particular public holidays like Eid. Can we conscious simply how busy some areas will likely be over Eid and intention to take public transport the place doable to keep away from congestion on the roads.
“Dry Evening” in Dubai?
In the course of the non secular event of Eid-al-Fitr, beforehand the Division of Tourism and Commerce Advertising and marketing (DTCM) requested that bars and eating places stop promoting alcohol from 6:30 pm on the final evening of Ramadan, with service resuming on the second day of Shawwal.
No such announcement was made in 2022 and we anticipate this rule has now been abolished, so no more “dry nights” for non secular events within the emirate of Dubai
Apart from the non secular elements of Eid, this vacation can also be synonymous in Dubai and the UAE with native purchasing offers. Anticipate to bag a cut price on the purchasing malls and get in early, as crowds can turn out to be exceptionally busy later within the evenings.
Eid Holidays in Dubai
As a result of prolonged break, it is a treasured time of yr for a lot of households to return collectively, and domestically, staycations are sizzling enterprise! This implies resorts and resorts in Dubai and the UAE see their highest demand ranges of the yr, and costs are set at absolute prime greenback.
Don’t come to Dubai at Eid asking, “the place can I get an excellent Eid deal” – you merely received’t!
Particular gives that run at different instances of the yr are usually null and void over events resembling Eid. Some venues even run differential pricing, the place the typical on-line and counter costs are briefly raised to maintain up with demand.
We’ve tried to buy round so that you can assist spot these offers, however they’re few and much between this yr, sorry! Right here’s what we’ve discovered to date in Dubai Eid Vacation offers – we’ll replace this if something last-minute pops up.
Additional public holidays nonetheless to return in Dubai and the UAE
Dates for the rest of 2023:
- Arafat Day and Eid al Adha: 27 June to 30 June 2023 TBC (4 days)
- Islamic New 12 months: 19 July 2023 (not at all times a public vacation)
- Prophet Muhammed’s (PBUH) Birthday: 27 September 2023 (not at all times a public vacation)
- Commemoration Day: Friday, 1 December 2023
- UAE Nationwide Day: 2 December 3 December 2023 (4 and 5 December in lieu of weekend)
Earlier than you go… Extra necessary issues you need to know when planning a visit to Dubai
- Don’t neglect to pack your journey insurance coverage!!!
Please be aware we aren’t a journey company. This web site is a journey weblog to assist newcomers to the UAE and transit passengers self plan their journey, we can’t ebook your flights, resorts, visas or connections for you. We might make a small fee in case you click on on any of our suggestion hyperlinks.
Dubai Journey Planner