Walt Disney World has tons of desk service eating places, and this listing ranks the ten finest in 2023. We’ve executed the entire high eating in Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, resorts, Disney Springs, plus third-party motels in Orlando, Florida–these are our favorites. With so many nice choices, it’s troublesome to slender down this listing! (Up to date January 23, 2023.)
Strong selections that didn’t make the lower embody Hollywood Brown Derby, Boma – Flavors of Africa, Be Our Visitor Restaurant, Morimoto Asia, Jaleo, Chef Artwork Smith’s Homecomin’, Raglan Highway, STK, and Skipper Canteen. A number of of those are wonderful, and we wouldn’t fault anybody for together with them of their private high 10 lists.
Frankly, over half of this listing might be dominated by Disney Springs eating places, which have a tendency to supply higher high quality and worth as they compete with actual world eating choices. Past that, eating places in resorts are likely to outperform these within the parks, apart from a couple of places in EPCOT’s World Showcase.
It’s additionally value noting that these rankings revolve round delicacies fairly than theme. Many Walt Disney World fan-favorite eating places, together with some that we completely adore, have been “snubbed” from this high 10 listing consequently. That doesn’t imply that they aren’t nice choices, particularly for households. (See our High 10 Themed Eating places at Walt Disney World for essentially the most enjoyable, family-friendly, and distinctive eating choices.)
One other caveat to this listing is that there’s an enormous hole between the highest 3 and every thing else. That is reality in high quality, fashion, and–particularly–value. Every of those serves excessive finish prix fixe menus that vary from round $195 to over $600. It’s seemingly this trio is chasing Michelin stars now that the long-lasting information has a Florida version.
However, we don’t view these eating places as lifelike suggestions for many Walt Disney World guests. Since this can be a planning useful resource initially, we’re increasing our listing to the highest 10 entries along with the highest tier trio. So in different phrases, it’s now a high 13 listing.
Under is a quick synopsis why every restaurant makes this listing of the perfect Walt Disney World desk service eating places for 2023. Click on the restaurant identify for our full assessment of every restaurant. Okay, let’s check out which Walt Disney World eating places made the lower…
T10. Tiffins – A tribute to the explorations and travels that offered the genesis of Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, Tiffins concurrently seems like eating in an artwork gallery, and consuming at a high-end, low-key restaurant the place globe-trotting Imagineers would themselves dine. Luckily, it’s not a hodgepodge or scholar’s den of eccentricities, and as an alternative is a carefully-curated artwork gallery, with nice consideration to element.
The menu at Tiffins is pleasant, with quite a lot of bold dishes which are adventurous and reflective of the restaurant’s overarching theme. Once more, it’s all about consideration to element right here, with every thing from presentation to the confluence of flavors making Tiffins a winner. There are a number of approachable choices right here, however Tiffins is a good place to problem your style buds, step exterior your consolation zone, and take a veritable journey in eating.
T10. Yachtsman Steakhouse – A carnivore’s paradise, Yachtsman Steakhouse is the place to go at Walt Disney World for superb cuts of meat. That is obvious as quickly as you stroll within the entrance the place you see…a butcher in a case sales space making the “magic” occur. It additionally manages an upscale setting, with subtle design, wealthy woods, and an aesthetic inside.
You actually can’t go incorrect with the cuts of meat right here–it doesn’t matter what you get, you’re in for a deal with. Though Yachtsman Steakhouse has different menu gadgets apart from colossal cuts of meat, these are the place the magic occurs. The ‘classics’ makes it essentially the most approachable Signature Restaurant at Walt Disney World, and one thing that even “meat and potatoes” sorts of friends will get pleasure from and respect.
T10. Sanaa — Sanaa scores numerous factors for providing a novel and wonderful menu, and for higher value factors than the Signature eating places on this listing. Sanaa additionally has unbelievable ambiance, with views of animals grazing exterior the restaurant. The out of the best way location of Sanaa at Kidani Village implies that Sanaa is never overly crowded, which provides to its intimacy and in addition means you’ll often have an attentive server.
The menu at Sanaa is sort of exceptional for a Walt Disney World restaurant, with numerous choices that may scare away the common vacationer who merely needs meat and potatoes. You will discover choices like that at Sanaa (don’t fear, there’s a “common” steak), however the majority of the menu is a little more adventurous. This wonderful distinctive menu is what separates Sanaa from numerous different Walt Disney World eating places, and cheap costs (particularly at lunch) on many scrumptious menu gadgets makes it one of many 10 finest desk service eating places at Walt Disney World.
T10. The Boathouse — The transformation of Disney Springs has completely reinvigorated the eating scene. This district has gone from a spot solely to be visited in case you needed to get some purchasing executed, or possibly dinner at Raglan Highway, to an integral a part of any Walt Disney World trip. There are a variety of causes for this, however the principle one is certainly the upscale eating scene.
Our listing of the perfect desk service eating places at Disney Springs options 5 places that arguably might’ve made this listing. One of the best amongst these is The Boathouse, which affords effective eating and a enjoyable ambiance. Whereas the theme could appear at odds with the Signature standing, it really works for the fashion of restaurant on the waterfront at Disney Springs. Then there’s the meals, which is sort of all wonderful, and it’s simple to see why the Boathouse has already attracted a legion of devoted followers.
9. California Grill — Providing unbelievable ambiance, subtle decor, and undoubtedly the perfect views of any restaurant at Walt Disney World, California Grill is a winner. When eating right here, a window desk is sort of a should. Make ADRs for about 60 to 90 minutes earlier than the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks, and be keen to attend for a window desk.
California Grill falls a couple of slots this 12 months because of its prix fixe menu for the fiftieth Anniversary. Whereas we loved our expertise (see Evaluate: California Grill fiftieth Anniversary Celebration Dinner), this menu is undeniably limiting and surprising of a Signature Restaurant. Moreover, we miss the (nonetheless!) quickly unavailable “Brunch on the High”, which was the perfect meal at California Grill. With one other prix fixe menu coming in April 2023, it’s unlikely California Grill will regain its spot within the high 5 anytime quickly.
8. Toledo Steakhouse – Walt Disney World at all times has some “hidden gem” eating places, however hardly ever are they each this good and nonetheless underrated. In equity, a giant purpose why Toledo – Tapas, Steak & Seafood isn’t notably well-liked proper now could be the dearth of conventions at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort (these occasions are the explanation Gran Destino Tower was constructed within the first place)–it’s fairly out of the best way for many informal vacationers.
However, Toledo’s idea is bold and enjoyable, the meals is scrumptious, the views are distinctive, and the costs–for the standard of the delicacies–should not inflated an excessive amount of by Walt Disney World requirements. The truth that Toledo caters closely to conventioneers performs an enormous half in all of this, and can seemingly be sure that the restaurant maintains its excessive requirements. Toledo is completely definitely worth the difficult commute.
7. Jiko — The Cooking Place — That is one restaurant that’s effectively definitely worth the detour to an in any other case out-of-the-way resort. Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge is one in all our favourite date evening locations, and we particularly love doing it at Christmas-time. The wild boar, lamb shank, and beef quick rib are nonetheless all-stars, and are each bit pretty much as good as we keep in mind. These dishes are additionally ingenious whereas being approachable, which is a standard theme of our favourite Signature Eating places.
Furthermore, ambiance of Jiko continues to make it an Animal Kingdom Lodge spotlight. The colour palette of the restaurant modifications to imitate an African sundown because the evening progresses. The service can be wonderful, with servers who’re educated in regards to the menu and the in depth drink listing. Its costs are consistent with different Signature eating places, so it’s no gem from a price perspective, however the delicacies is definitely worth the costs.
6. Citricos – We’ve by no means been big followers of Citricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort prior to now, however the reimagined restaurant that gained us over. The menu is superlative, with subtle Floridian delicacies and an abundance of citrus infusions. These dishes are ingenious, beautifully-plated, scrumptious, and in line with the spirit of Citricos. The one draw back is parts and pricing–that is arguably the closest Walt Disney World will get to haute delicacies.
The ambiance is a marked enchancment over the earlier incarnation of the restaurant. The fashion is supposedly influenced by Mary Poppins, however that’s virtually completely unnoticeable. It’s merely modernized with design motifs that vaguely evoke visuals from the movie. Citricos is now virtually excellent, and this reimagining was a supercalifragilistic improve to each the menu and inside.
5. Flying Fish – Positioned on the BoardWalk, Flying Fish is the right grownup’s evening out, as you may benefit from the ambiance of the BoardWalk after a meal on the restaurant. The ambiance of Flying Fish can be nice, with good decor and an open kitchen and good bar that add to the vitality of the restaurant.
Flying Fish is concurrently fancy however approachable, with bold and ingenious menu gadgets which are additionally comforting, tried and true favorites. For entrees, the Flying Fish’s Signature Chef’s Duo is the Char-crusted New York Strip Steak and Potato-wrapped Pink Snapper. These are superlative, arguably the perfect 1-2 punch in all of Walt Disney World eating. Whereas these are the unequivocal highlights, the menu is robust from high to backside, with distinctive appetizers, desserts, and different entrees. Whereas it doesn’t push the envelope as a lot as Citricos, Flying Fish delivers scrumptious outcomes that make it extra interesting, in our view, to a wider vary of friends.
4. Topolino’s Terrace – Together with Toledo, that is one in all two new eating places that provide superlative rooftop eating that surpasses perennial favorites. Because it opened, we’ve executed a number of dinners at Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera, which has turn out to be our go-to restaurant for a top quality and filling effective eating expertise that additionally affords nice views and ambiance.
Positioned at Disney’s Riviera Resort, it’s a simple Skyliner gondola journey from a number of resorts plus each Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and affords fireworks views of each parks. Whereas dinner is the principle purpose it makes this listing, households shouldn’t overlook the distinctive Breakfast Á la Artwork with Mickey & Associates, which is our new favourite character meal at Walt Disney World. Topolino’s Terrace is rather a lot like Flying Fish, in that it’s each ingenious and approachable–this will get the slight fringe of the 2 due to its rooftop setting and barely deeper menu, however you actually can not go incorrect both method.
High Tier Trio
3. Monsieur Paul – Upon reopening late final 12 months, Monsieur Paul launched a brand new prix fixe menu beginning at $195 per individual, plus tax and gratuity. It has been extremely well-liked since returning regardless of this critical value enhance and extra restricted lineup of menu gadgets. It’ll be fascinating to see how lengthy this continues; Monsieur Paul had bother filling tables pre-closure, and supplied a summer time particular to draw patrons.
However, Monsieur Paul is a chic eating expertise–top-of-the-line at Walt Disney World. It’s opulent and well-appointed with out being too intimidating or overly stuffy. The Artwork Nouveau design, particulars, and desk settings clarify that Monsieur Paul is a effective eating restaurant, however wall photographs of the late Chef Paul Bocuse with big mice and a rat assist to remind that this restaurant is certainly in a Walt Disney World theme park.
Delicacies at Monsieur Paul is a veritable Tour de France, with every dish providing large nuance and selection. Presentation is meticulous and beautiful, flavors are daring and ingenious, and repair is attentive. With that mentioned, Monsieur Paul gained’t be for everybody. As famous, Monsieur Paul is okay eating, and the emphasis right here is on high quality over amount. In the event you’re in search of top-of-the-line meals you may have at Walt Disney World, look no additional. In the event you’re in search of one of many greatest meals, look elsewhere.
2. Takumi Tei – Sadly, it’s an analogous story with the recently-reopened Takumi-Tei. This restaurant dropped its a la carte menu in favor of solely providing Omakase Tasting Menus, its twist on prix fixe. The vegetarian model is $150 and the traditional selection–that includes Japanese A5 wagyu steak–prices $250. That is one other very vital value enhance.
Takumi Tei is rather a lot like Monsieur Paul, however completely totally different. Whereas France’s flagship eatery is Epcot’s most refined, Takumi Tei is its highest idea. Each are extremely subtle, however in the end illustrate the variations between service and delicacies in Japan and France.
Whereas the meals is completely spectacular (particularly the Omakase Tasting Menu, which is highlighted by Wagyu and bone marrow), Takumi Tei is all about Omotenashi. That is the Japanese idea of service with nice consideration to element and from the underside of the guts. It’s extremely heat, gracious, and welcoming. Oh, and the meals can’t be ignored–from seafood to duck to that superb beef, Takumi Tei is an absolute winner, and its high tier meals give Victoria & Albert’s a run for its cash…
1. Victoria & Albert’s — Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is the very best restaurant at Walt Disney World, and by a large margin. All the pieces in regards to the restaurant is beautiful, making it far and away the perfect restaurant at Walt Disney World. It’s the one AAA 5-Diamond restaurant within the Orlando space and one of many top-rated eating places in all of Florida. The restaurant is quiet and well-appointed, and the service is beautiful.
Victoria & Albert’s affords a prix fixe six-course meal consisting of gourmand and specialty effective eating choices, together with different “premium” gadgets that may be ordered for an extra cost. In the event you’re an actual foodie, you too can guide the Chef’s Desk for a novel, albeit much less romantic, eating possibility. Given all of this, why would Victoria & Albert’s not be #1 on anybody’s listing?
Worth. The fixed-price price for the common eating room begins at roughly $300 per individual. With wine pairings and upgrades, the price can simply eclipse $800 for a pair–possibly even $1,000. That alone makes us tempted to even exclude Victoria & Albert’s from eligibility, because it’s in contrast to some other restaurant at Walt Disney World. If a meal right here prices 5 occasions as a lot as the opposite entries, one would hope that it’s a bit higher! Past that, most planners most likely aren’t debating between Sebastian’s Bistro and Victoria & Albert’s for his or her evening out. The 2 merely are incomparable in each method, save for each serving meals of meals.
There you’ve got it, our high 10 listing of desk service eating places at Walt Disney World. You might discover that numerous well-liked eating places didn’t make this listing. This features a handful of Signature Eating places, a excessive variety of superlative Disney Springs choices, and some under-the-radar fan favorites. As we mentioned above, it was troublesome to slender the listing all the way down to the ten finest desk service eating places at Walt Disney World…however we managed to do it!
Planning a Walt Disney World journey? Study motels on our Walt Disney World Motels Opinions web page. For the place to eat, learn our Walt Disney World Restaurant Opinions. To economize on tickets or decide which sort to purchase, learn our Suggestions for Saving Cash on Walt Disney World Tickets submit. Our What to Pack for Disney Journeys submit takes a novel have a look at intelligent gadgets to take. For what to do and when to do it, our Walt Disney World Experience Guides will assist. For complete recommendation, the perfect place to begin is our Walt Disney World Journey Planning Information for every thing it is advisable know!
Do you agree with our high 10 desk service eating places at Walt Disney World? Any eating places that you simply’d add to the listing? Any eating spots we listing that you don’t assume are worthy of a spot? What are your favourite desk service eating places in Walt Disney World? Any questions? Listening to your suggestions–even while you disagree with us–is each fascinating to us and useful to different readers, so please share your ideas under within the feedback!