This put up ranks & opinions the perfect and worst accommodations close to Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea with professionals & cons for every, plus room images and another fundamental info and suggestions. It consists of my opinions on every lodge at which we’ve got really stayed, plus some issues concerning to whom every lodge may attraction. (Up to date January 16, 2023.)
To be completely blunt, the rankings listed below are solely going to be helpful to a sure extent. For instance, how do you evaluate Resort MiraCosta–a 5 star luxurious lodge inside a theme park, costing a minimal of $500 per evening–to a sequence lodge with out a lot in the best way of theme, however with a stable location and nightly charges which can be a fraction of the value? “Arbitrarily” is the snarky reply, however I’ll strive at this probably futile process nonetheless, within the hopes that from the short hit factors right here, you may distill one thing, and apply the professionals and cons to your individual distinctive circumstances.
There are mainly 5 classes of accommodations close to Tokyo Disneyland in my estimation: on-site Disney accommodations, on-site non-Disney official accommodations, off-site Disney lodge (simply a kind of), off-site accomplice accommodations, and off-site non-partner accommodations. Until you’re on a very tight price range, we’d extremely suggest staying in one of many two on-site classes. To place all of this into context, right here’s a map of Tokyo Disney Resort that reveals the areas of the assorted monorail loop and Disney accommodations:
In case it’s not clear, there are 6 third celebration accommodations throughout from Bayside Station, which is the monorail cease for the Tokyo Disney Resort Official Motels (plus Toy Story Resort, which is nestled between Hilton Tokyo Bay and Resort Okura Tokyo Bay). Behind the monorail station, there’s a brand new luxurious Disney lodge below building that overlooks Fantasy Springs (all of which is more likely to open in Spring 2024).
This additionally reveals the areas of Resort MiraCosta, Tokyo Disneyland Resort, Ambassador Resort, and Celebration Resort. The primary two of those actually overlook or are inside their respective parks. Against this, Ambassador Resort is adjoining to the Ikspiari buying district-(nonetheless walkable to Tokyo Disneyland) and Celebration Resort is off-site and requires taking a bus to entry the parks.
Staying off-site will be cheaper, and you might assume it’s helpful to have a centralized base for explorations within the metropolis (it’s not–it’s best to do a break up keep at a lodge in Tokyo for that leg of the journey, and a lodge in Tokyo Bay for the Tokyo Disney Resort leg of the journey), however coping with attending to the parks from off-site generally is a actual problem, particularly contemplating how crucial it’s to reach at these parks earlier than rope drop.
We’ve stayed at the entire Tokyo Disney Resort Official Motels, that are going to be probably the most engaging possibility for many vacationers for whom cash is a matter. We now have not but stayed on the new Toy Story Resort or Disney Celebration Resort, the latter of which is definitely off-site. Along with the entire on-site accommodations, we’ve additionally included within the rankings just a few off-site accommodations at which we’ve stayed.
Okay, let’s check out the rankings & opinions of the accommodations on-site or close to Tokyo Disneyland…
Off-Web site Motels Close to Tokyo Disney Resort
10. Household Resort Fifty’s for Maihama – By no means. once more. We now have stayed at 25+ totally different accommodations in all kinds of kinds of lodging, from conventional ryokan to hostels, all throughout Japan, together with Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, and many others., and solely have had one really adverse expertise. That was at Household Fifty’s.
The one cause we booked this within the first place was as a result of costs for our regular Tokyo Bay choices had been astronomically priced throughout our go to (lesson: at all times have a look at lodge prices earlier than shopping for airfare, regardless of how good the flight deal). Our room was basically within the basement of the lodge, with seen mould on the partitions, bugs within the rest room, and the stunning aroma of cigarettes+mould+nasty toes.
In the event you have a look at on-line reserving websites, you may discover this lodge is very divisive; what I’ve gleaned from these opinions is that rooms on the 2nd flooring are nicer, so in case you do e book right here, request a 2nd flooring room. Actually, although, save your self the potential horrors that await and simply keep someplace else. Sorry, we don’t have any images of this one. We tried to erase this go to to the actual life tower of terror from our minds and apparently that meant not taking photographs of the room. (Actually, it was an oversight as a result of I by no means deliberate on reviewing it. I actually want I had images to indicate how unhealthy it was.)
9. Resort Emion Tokyo Bay – It is a very nice lodge with fashionable rooms, good facilities, and a comfort retailer and spa within the lodge, amongst different issues. Contemplating these issues in isolation, it will be greater on this record. Sadly, its worth is commonly out of whack with its location, which is off-site about 25 minutes away on the JR Line or through shuttle (it’s a Tokyo Disney Resort Accomplice Resort, so it does have a shuttle).
It’s not probably the most handy lodge when it comes to location, nevertheless it’s not altogether inconvenient, both. Actually, it comes down to cost. If you could find it for ~$125/evening or much less, contemplate it. In any other case, look elsewhere. Full Resort Emion Tokyo Bay Overview coming quickly…
8. APA Resort Tokyo Shiomi Ekimae – In order for you some critical ‘Tokyo Disney on a Dime’ road cred, e book a keep at APA Resort Tokyo Shiomi Ekimae. That is an off-site lodge, nevertheless it scores main factors for worth and comfort. By way of worth, for a single room, it’s typically under $50/evening. For a double, it may be round $80/evening.
Not solely that, nevertheless it’s a pleasant, fashionable lodge! By way of location, it’s lower than a 5 minute stroll from the JR Keiyo line, which is the road Tokyo Disney Resort is on. You’re taking a look at about 20-25 minutes out of your lodge door to the Tokyo Disneyland entrance, and it’s a simple commute. That is the perfect lodge for solo vacationers on a price range–most likely not as alluring for households.
Monorail Loop Motels On-Web site at Tokyo Disney Resort
7. Resort Okura Tokyo Bay – At one level, this was a lavish lodge providing luxurious lodging and exemplary service. Now, simply the service is sweet. Oh, and the bogs. Though the rooms are dated, they’re nonetheless good–and properly maintained, in order that’s not as large of a qualm because it might be. The massive challenge with Resort Okura Tokyo Bay is the overly-firm, low-quality, and aged mattresses.
These are so uncomfortable that they may influence your potential to get evening’s sleep. The most important upside is pricing, as Resort Okura Tokyo Bay is now one of many least costly accommodations close to Tokyo Disneyland for a lot of journey dates. Whether or not the engaging worth is sufficient to overcome these terrible mattresses is a matter of non-public choice. We’ve stayed at Resort Okura greater than another Tokyo Disney Resort lodge, so that ought to reply the place we stand on the fee v. consolation challenge. Learn and see extra in our full Resort Okura Tokyo Bay Overview.
6. Grand Nikko Tokyo Bay Maihama Resort – If our expertise was any indication, Grand Nikko Tokyo Bay Maihama Resort is “the marriage lodge” at Tokyo Disney Resort. At any time when we had been there, it appeared like a marriage was happening in vast open atrium. The lodge feels a tad dated with a mid-90s vibe, nevertheless it has all been excellently maintained.
The pure mild coming via the skylights within the morning and strands of popcorn lights at evening make for the right temper within the frequent areas, and we actually get pleasure from this facet of Grand Nikko Tokyo Bay Maihama Resort. Rooms additionally present their age (moreso than the frequent areas), however have been well-maintained and are spacious. It’s one of many farther accommodations from Bayside Station, nevertheless it’s a neater stroll to Tokyo Disneyland. Learn and see extra in our full Tokyo Bay Maihama Resort Membership Resort Overview.
5. Tokyo Bay Maihama Resort First Resort – Whereas the entire different accommodations within the high 6 listed below are Western fashion lodge rooms within the sense that they’re spacious, somewhat than compact and making an attempt to make use of house as effectively as doable. Sunroute Plaza is an Japanese fashion lodge room, like the vast majority of these you’d discover in Tokyo correct and elsewhere in Japan.
In the event you’re touring as a household–or are accustomed to bigger rooms–this may increasingly pose an issue. Regardless of its smaller dimension, it’s extremely well-designed, which means there’s just about every part you’d anticipate from a bigger lodge room…besides empty flooring house. The rooms and lodge as an entire additionally has themed decor, making it a enjoyable possibility. It’s a brief stroll to Tokyo Disneyland, too. Undoubtedly price a glance relying upon pricing in case you’re touring solo or as a pair. Learn and see extra in our full Sunroute Plaza Tokyo Resort Overview.
4. Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay – After an incredible expertise on the Hilton, we had been anticipating nice issues on the Sheraton Grande. It turned out to be a letdown. The frequent areas are fashionable and seemed nice, and the lodge had a stable slate of facilities, however the visitor rooms are outdated. We’ve since achieved a number of return stays, and have skilled comparable points in the usual rooms every time.
The furnishings is old-fashioned, many rooms odor like cigarettes (on what was once the smoking flooring), and the place simply appears drained. The massive upside is the bogs, that are pretty good, all issues thought of. Most Westerners are probably going to decide on this or the Hilton, and at current, the usual visitor rooms on the Sheraton Grande don’t maintain a candle to the usual rooms on the Hilton. (With that stated, the Ocean Dream and Park Wing rooms have been up to date on the Sheraton, and are a lot nicer.) Learn and see extra in our full Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Resort Overview.
3. Hilton Tokyo Bay – Given its high quality, location, and typical pricing, at another Disney resort on the planet, Hilton Tokyo Bay would have a robust shot on the #1 slot. Its rooms, particularly the distinctly Japanese “Celebrio” ones, are effectively achieved and spacious, and the lodge itself has wonderful facilities and feels fashionable.
Then there’s the placement, simply steps from the Bayside Station on the monorail loop. Pricing is the icing on the cake, with rooms right here often obtainable for below $200 per evening. Evaluating Hilton Tokyo Bay to the highest 2 on this record is like evaluating apples to velociraptors, nevertheless it’s an incredible lodge in its personal proper. Learn and see extra in our full Hilton Tokyo Bay Resort Overview.
N/A. Toy Story Resort – That is Tokyo Disney Resort’s first on-site average lodge with 595 visitor rooms–575 commonplace rooms and 20 superior rooms. Toy Story Resort is positioned instantly throughout from Bayside Station, in between Hilton Tokyo Bay, Resort Okura, and Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Resort. It’s technically the primary non-Deluxe Disney lodge on the monorail loop wherever on the planet.
The visitor rooms are impressed by Andy’s bed room from the primary Toy Story movie, that includes his iconic blue sky and puffy white cloud wallpaper. There are additionally Woody’s Roundup impressed headboards, an outsized Mickey Mouse wristwatch hanging on one of many partitions, plus different toy-like fixtures and furnishings. There may be additionally on-site buying and eating. We’ve but to remain at Toy Story Resort, and discover it to be a tricky promote given the standard of the adjoining Tokyo Hilton Bay, which is sort of at all times cheaper. To every their very own, although!
2. Tokyo Disneyland Resort – As we said in our Tokyo Disneyland Resort Overview, in case you put aside the placement of Resort MiraCosta, Tokyo Disneyland Resort is definitely the higher of the 2. Clearly, you may’t put aside one thing as paramount to MiraCosta as being inside Tokyo DisneySea, so Tokyo Disneyland Resort has to “settle” for the #2 slot.
The rooms listed below are lavish and nail the Victorian theme, and your complete lodge expertly balances sophistication with Disney whimsy, making it really feel neither stuffy nor total cartoonified. It’s a detailed second to Resort MiraCosta right here, and the second greatest Disney lodge on the planet, as effectively. Learn and see extra in our full Tokyo Disneyland Resort Overview.
1. Resort MiraCosta – Probably the most grandiose Disney lodge is positioned inside Disney’s greatest theme park on the planet. Want we are saying extra? In all probability not. Simply to be secure, although, it’s price mentioning that that is the one Disney lodge I’d describe as really opulent, and for me, it’s a lodge with out equals. Often, I’m itching to get into the parks after I’m at Tokyo Disney Resort, however the thought of sitting at a desk in my room, sipping a heat cup of espresso whereas watching the Christmas harbor present as my Gelatoni plush stares at me from the mattress sounds completely chic.
Staying at Resort MiraCosta isn’t simply one other evening at a lodge, it’s an expertise to be savored. I’m useless critical (besides in regards to the Gelatoni bit). It’s an unforgettable expertise. The rooms once we stayed there (which was simply earlier than a room refurbishment began) left slightly to be desired by luxurious lodge requirements, besides, we extremely suggest splurging on an evening or two at Resort MiraCosta. You gained’t remorse it. Learn and see extra in our full Resort MiraCosta Overview.
Planning a visit to Tokyo Disney Resort? For complete recommendation, the perfect place to start out is our Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea Journey Planning Information! For extra specifics, our TDR Resort Rankings & Evaluations web page covers lodging. Our Restaurant Evaluations element the place to dine & snack. To save cash on tickets or decide which sort to purchase, learn our Ideas for Saving Cash put up. Our What to Pack for Disney put up takes a singular have a look at intelligent objects to take. Venturing elsewhere in Japan? Seek the advice of our Final Information to Kyoto, Japan and Metropolis Information to Tokyo, Japan.
Have you ever stayed at any of those accommodations? What did you assume? Have you ever stayed at different accommodations in Japan? Contemplating these or different accommodations and have questions? Listening to from you is half the enjoyable, so if in case you have any ideas or questions, please put up them within the feedback under!