UNWTO has launched a brand new Startup Competitors to help ladies tourism tech entrepreneurs and innovators throughout the Center East.
Introduced at Biban 2023, Saudi Arabia’s largest SME convention, the Ladies in Tech Startup Competitors: Center East, will additional advance UNWTO’s work to make tourism a pillar of ladies’s empowerment. The initiative provides innovators the possibility to compete for enhanced capability constructing and visibility. Finalists in every class will be part of the UNWTO Innovation Community, giving them entry to the UNWTO Member States community, mentorship packages and to UNWTO scholarship alternatives.
UNWTO Secretary-Basic Zurab Pololikashvili, says: “Tourism startups have the ability and agility to rework the sector consistent with the Sustainable Improvement Targets. Tourism startups are additionally main the way in which in advancing ladies empowerment, within the Center East and globally, and UNWTO is delighted to help the area’s greatest innovators and digital entrepreneurs.”
Who can apply?
- Startups have to be led, owned or managed by ladies residing in any of the next international locations: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Libya and Yemen.
- Concept Stage, Early Stage or Sequence A startups with a minimal viable product or concept that is able to be developed and funded.
- Have a full-time staff, a examined pilot and marketing strategy.
- Be scalable with potential for worldwide development.
Startups should additionally belong to a minimum of one of many following classes:
- Social Impression: For startups that target expertise in wellness, well being, city improvement, rural improvement, sustainability, and training with cross-cutting advantages with tourism.
- Tourism and Journey Expertise: Startups specializing in the meals and beverage, transportation and lodging, journey, and retail industries to take part.
- Future Tech: Startups that leverage fintech, AI, AR/VR, cryptocurrency, Web of Issues, blockchain expertise, digital twinning and the Metaverse.
- Occasions and Neighborhood: Startups centered on social and messaging platforms, e-sports and gaming platforms, community-based functions, events-related platforms, and training expertise.
Functions shut on the finish of July 2023 and the winners can be introduced on the Tourism Tech Journey (TTA), to be held on World Tourism Day (27 September Riyadh, Saudi Arabia).